The Hero Report #38 Summary (March 31, 2021)
State of the Megaverse
The Series 1 pack opened rate has reached 90.54% (9200/10000 Hero Packs, 2117/2500 Titan Packs opened), and… the Electric Genesis still hasn’t been found! There are only 806 packs remaining, and with the Blue Wizard’s bounty offer of $20,000 USD for the Electric Genesis still standing, the excitement of opening Series 1 Hero Packs is reaching peak levels! There are also TEN Secret Smoke 1/1 cards still remaining among both the remaining Series 1 Hero and Titan Packs. As for Series 2 packs, there are 70.44% opened (7677/10218 Hero Packs, 2708/4158 Titan Packs, 1870/3021 Gallery Crates, 2450/8000 Mini Packs). (*Note: The 70.44% does not include Mini Packs.)
First Strike (BCH 2.0) Upgrade/Burn Mechanisms Continue!
- First Strike Burn Upgrade
The burn upgrade mechanism is still active, which means you can burn any 5 cards of a particular variation to upgrade them to a random card of the next higher variation. Remember, this only applies to First Strike (Series 2) cards. Do not burn Series 1 cards!
- Upgrade for Collector’s Edition Cards
For the second First Strike burn upgrade mechanism for Collector’s Edition cards, you must burn a complete set of either 20 Heroes or 20 Villains to upgrade to a Collector’s Edition variant. You can upgrade your sets as you crack packs and make sets, while also shortening the circulating supply of Blockchain Heroes cards. Check your collections at https://heroes.atomichub.io/tools/book/officialhero/ and do your burns at https://heroes.atomichub.io/tradeup/bcheroes-series2-collectors. Good luck!
As of today, 5733/7500 (76.44%) Stonk Wars packs have been opened. A full set includes a total of 10 Heroes and Villains, as this is a mini-set.
Artifact Ascension Attempts!
There have been 20 attempts thus far, but only ONE successful Ascension! There were no new Ascension attempts this week. Anyone who makes an attempt will have a 90% chance of getting an animated Ascended Artifact, and a 10% chance of getting an Artifact of Ascension, which gives the owner the opportunity to appear on their very own Blockchain Hero (or Villain) NFT! We will keep this event going until the release of Blockchain Heroes 3.0. You can still find the Artifacts inside packs, as well as the secondary market.
Motespawns and Motes
We recently introduced some new creatures that have been discovered on the blockchain: Motespawns. At the most basic level, Motespawns are entities that generate mysterious particles called Motes. Based on what we know so far, Motespawns not only generate Motes, but they also have utility, which has yet to be revealed. One analogy is the concept of “land” in other blockchain universes and the rewards they generate. Some of you have already received Motes and/or Motespawns based on your declared Allegiance and degree of completion of border sets. For now, it may be best to think of these new entities as the currency of the Blockchain Heroes Universe. More to come on this front soon!
$MEME Coin Collaboration
Our collaboration with $MEME coin is proceeding full speed ahead, with an expected launch in early April! During today’s Hero Report Joel spent some time going over the website in detail and explained how to “farm” pineapples on the dontbuymeme.com website. We recommend watching the replay of the Hero Report so that you can appreciate the visuals. To participate in the $MEME project, you will first need to buy $MEME coin. Then, you stake them to earn Pineapples. For every $MEME you stake, you earn 1 Pineapple per day. Then, once you’ve accumulated enough Pineapples, you can spend them on various NFTs that become available. Through our collaboration, you will be able to purchase our newest Hero, Pint Size:
- Pint Size Common Variant – x/250: Selling for 5 Pineapples and .01 ETH
- Pint Size Epic Variant – x/100: Selling for 15 Pineapples and 0.1 ETH
- Legendary – x/10: Selling for 45 Pineapples and 1.0 ETH
- Action Card – 1/1(!): This variant will go up for Auction
Visit dontbuymeme.com to learn more about the project and also check out more of the amazing art you can find for sale on the site. As for the $MEME coin itself, you can purchase it on Uniswap. This will mark our first foray into the Ethereum NFT ecosystem. We will reveal more information next week!
$HERO Token Update
We are pleased to announce that $HERO HQ is still alive and strong! We have no intention of changing our plans with $HERO, so look forward to more fun events that are only available by holding $HERO. Remember you will need at least 50 $HERO in your wallet to access additional channels in our Discord server. Please join us there for more details and all kinds of fun: Badco.in/discord
Upland Collectibles Collaboration and Pack Sale Details
Today we revealed the official pack opening video for the upcoming pack sale, which is scheduled for April 6! As a gauge of demand for this exciting new series, we have
Also, you can check out the new countdown clock at upland.me/coundfdfddkfdf
The packs will come in two types: 10-card Heroes Packs and 25-card Titans Packs. There will be a total of 10,000 packs of each pack type minted, for a total of 350,000 total possible cards. During the sale, there will be 8,000 Heroes Packs and 9,800 Titans Packs made available during this initial sale, with the rest reserved for Nifty Box members and various promotional opportunities. The prices are $15 for a 10-card pack and $35 for a 25-card pack. There will be a new “Uplevel” mechanism that allows you to craft and combine Uplevel cards to unlock even more powers! As we announced previously, we are doing the sale in two stages, so that everyone has an opportunity to participate regardless of timezone. First, at 12 noon EST, the first half of the packs will go on sale, and then 12 hours later, at midnight EST, the second half of the packs will go on sale. Then, the pack opening will be made available from 12 noon EST on the following day, April 7 (exactly 24 hours after the first sale). All packs are pre-minted, so there is no need to rush to open packs. The set will include 59 Director Block Explorers in 5 rarities: Common (1 star), Rare (2 stars), Epic (3 stars), Legendary (4 stars), and Mythic (5 stars). Similarly, we will be introducing 37 Blockchain Heroes Explorers, which will also come in the 5 rarities of Common (1 star), Rare (2 stars), Epic (3 stars), Legendary (4 stars), and Mythic (5 stars) variants. For these, there will be 15 of each Mythic rarity variant, and these will be able to be introduced into the Upland universe as actual, playable characters. We will also be awarding the following special NFTs along the way:
- Prizes (think “in-game items”) (Rare: x/25)
- Stamps (Rare: x/25)
- Heroes Illustrations (BCH HQ etc.) – (8 styles, 3 Rarities: Rare, Epic, and Mythic)
- 3D* Explorers (Mythic: x/15) *They rotate!
- Postcards (2 Rarities (TBD): x/10)
- Stickers (Uncommon, for every Blockchain Heroes Explorer and Director Explorer)
- Super Miles Mythic Card (1/1, aka the “Mona Lisa” of the Upland Collection)
- Miles The Joker 1/1, and Reversed Image Miles The Joker 1/1
Here’s the breakdown of the number of cards for each rarity:
- Common: 1,520 of each
- Uncommon: 680 of each
- Rare: 340 of each
- Epic: 170 of each
- Legendary: 90 of each
- Mythic: 15 of each
Here are the chances for a Standard Pack (10 Cards x 10,000 Packs = 100,000 Cards):
- Card 1-2: Uncommon – 100% (20,000)
- Card 3: 50% chance of Rare – 5,000 Rare / 5,000 Common
- Card 4: 25% chance of Rare – 2,500 Rare / 7,500 Common
- Card 5: 40% chance of Epic – 4,000 Rare / 6,000 Common
- Card 6: 20% chance of Epic – 2,000 Rare / 8,000 Common
- Card 7: 15% chance of Legendary – 1,500 Rare / 8,500 Common
- Card 8: 6.5% chance of Legendary – 650 Rare / 9,350 Common
- Card 9: 2% chance of Mythic – 200 Rare / 9,800 Common
- Card 10: Random Pool (10,000)
This new card distribution system includes a new “Random Pool” slot, which really makes things exciting! This means, for example, that for the first time it is possible that multiple Mythics, or even 1/1s, could be pulled from the same pack! We will be streaming the pack sale LIVE on April 6th, at upland.cards, so hope to see you there! The pack sale will be in WAX ONLY, no credit cards, so get your wallets loaded up!
Special Drop for Attendees!
Today we are doing a special drop of our new promotional drop NFT that announces the Upland collaboration. While everyone else will receive the Common variant of the promo, everyone who joined the livestream tonight received a separate variant of this promo. Congrats to all who attended!
Coming Soon: Update 2.7!
We will be announcing our next official update, Update 2.7, to the Blockchain Heroes universe. For now, we can share one hint: Gallery Crate cards may come into play…
New Podcast: Nifty News!
We are happy to announce our launch of another NFT-based podcast: Nifty News! Please find it wherever you normally consume podcasts. And if you happen to come across any nifty news-worthy items, please tag @ecellcryptochick in the official $HERO HQ Discord when sharing, so that she can check it out and we can include it in our show.
Thanks to everyone who joined today’s Hero Report. Hope to see you all in Discord (Badco.in/discord), and see you all next week!